Viet nam 2 most convenient visas
09 March , 2020
There are 2 most convenient visas available for foreigners, tourists, business men :
- Visa on arrival (Visa to be granted at one of the Vietnam’s airports).
- E-Visa (Visa to be granted 100% online).
Foreigners just pay little effort to get those Visas. But how to get? requirements? validity ? etc. Please read this article for the detail.
1. Vietnam Visa on Arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival (also known as Vietnam landing visa, or Vietnam airport visa) is a convenient alternative way to obtain valid permission to visit Vietnam. It can be granted at one of Vietnam international airports upon arrival.
To obtain the visa on arrival for Vietnam, you need to get a visa approval letter in advance.
Visa approval letter is a document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry of Public Security) via an agent to the travelers. It functions as an official permission allowing its owner(s) to board the flight to Vietnam and get visa stamped onto the passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
It is completed online without any document, even a sponsor letter from a Vietnam company.
The letter processing time varies from a few hours to maximum 2 days.
To get visa approval letter, you only need to:
- Complete the online application form with the following information:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Passport expiry date
- Visa type
- Travel dates
- Make payment online with credit/debit cards or by bank transfer.
- After that, The agent in Vietnam will process your visa approval letter application with the Vietnam Immigration Department and deliver the letter to your email (as example below) :
To get Vietnam visa on arrival , you need to:
- First, you fill out the online application form.
- Second, you show it at Vietnam airports to get visa stamped onto your passports. No passport sendoff, no document is required to apply for this type of visa for Vietnam.
NOTICE (March 14, 2020): Due to recent outbreak of COVID 19, the Visa on arrival program is temporarily suspended from March 15 – April 15, 2020.
Legal Basis of Vietnam Visa on Arrival
The authorized visa approval letter is granted by Vietnam Immigration Department. It acts as official permission that allows you to board the airplane and get visa stamped onto passports at Vietnam international airports. So Vietnam visa on arrival is a 100% legal process.
- Ordinance on entry, exit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG
- Government’s Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP
Many centers supply this service to simplify travelers’ arrival and save their time.
Types of Vietnam Visa on Arrival
In general, the most popular types of Vietnam visa include tourist visa (DL), business visa (DN), working visa (LĐ), and student/internship visa (DH). But a visa on arrival is available for only:
- Tourist visa.
- Business visa.
List of Applicable Airports
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Da Lat)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc)
Why Choose Vietnam Visa upon Arrival?
Getting Vietnam visa on arrival is:
- Up to 6 month stay and multiple entry : applicants can apply for stay duration from 1 to 6 months with single entry or multiple entry, of course, the cost will vary accordingly.
- Fast: You can get the approval letter for a Vietnam tourist visa on arrival within 02 – 04 working hours or a business visa on arrival within 2 -3 working days.
- Convenient: No hard documents and passports sent off. Just minimal information required. Things will be done online.
- Low cost: It is rather cheap compared with other forms of getting a visa for Vietnam.
2. Vietnam E-Visa
Vietnam e-visa or Vietnam electronic visa has been introduced by the Vietnam Immigration Department since 2017. This kind e-visa is applied and issued online.
An e-visa for Vietnam is valid for 30 days only with a single entry only.
The processing time of approval is normal 2- 3 days. But it is better to apply an e-visa 10-14 days before your departure .
Who Are Eligible for Vietnam E-visa?
E visa Vietnam is now available for citizens of the following countries who are traveling to Vietnam for tourism purpose and stay in the country for no more than 30 days.
Updated March 6, 2020: Due to the outbreak of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), Vietnam e-visa is currently NOT available for citizens of South Korea, China, Japan and Italy.
|Armenia||Iceland||Papua New Guinea|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Korea (South)||Romania|
|Chile||The former Yugoslav of Macedonia||Slovakia|
|China (Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, not apply to Chinese e-passport holders)||Malta||Slovenia|
|Colombia||Marshall Islands||Solomon Islands|
|Cuba||Federated States of Micronesia||Sweden|
|Czech Republic||Monaco||East Timor|
|Denmark||Mongolia||United Arab Emirates|
|Fiji||Myanmar||United States of America|
Those who are not included in this list or wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days , please apply for Visa on Arrival as above.
Applicable Ports of Entry for Vietnam E visa online
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
Check for your eligibility as provided information above for a Vietnam e visa, then make sure the following to get the e-visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and having at least 02 blank pages;
- 01 passport size photo
- Soft copies of passport personal data page and soft photo
- Credit cards to make payment online for e-visa fee, (American Express card is not accepted).
7 steps to get Vietnam an E-visa
- Access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn > select E-visa > select For foreigners.
- Upload your photo and passport personal data page as instructed.
- And then fill out the form with the required information, including: full name, sex , birthday, nationality, religion, passport number, date of entry-exit, etc. Then get a verification code.
- Pay for e-visa fee (USD25) via an online platform.
- Access to this website again a few days later, visit the e-visa search menu and enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to check your e-visa application processing status.
- Get a link to download and print the one-page e-visa letter for Vietnam in case your application is approved.
- Show to letter/visa code at the entry point to enter Vietnam to get into Vietnam.